Forget about your Vitamin A supplements. Get the natural vitamins from fruits and vegetables available in the supermart. With this orange crunchy powerfood, you can get abundant amount of Vitamin A and other powerful benefits. Carrot provides ultimate protection against several skin problems, helping in maintaining your skin healthy, cancer prevention and anti-aging.
Do You Know…? Fun Facts on Carrots
1) Carrots are second most popular vegetables, followed after potato and there are over 100 different types of carrots.
2) Women in the 1600’s use carrot leaves as part of the decoration for their hats.
3) An average American can eat 5.44kg of carrots in a year
4) The greek word of carrot is “karaton”.
5) Rabbits love eating carrots. When rabbit eats one carrot, it is like us eating over 23 carrots. Rabbits like the sweetness from the carrots but they should not take too much as it will cause digestive problems and diabetes.
Health Benefits of Carrots
1) Improves vision
In my earlier post on eyecare,
You often hear from people around you about antioxidant but you have no idea what is it. Before we understand what antioxidants are, we need to know about free radicals. In our daily life, our body produces free radicals. It can also be found in the air, the materials around us. They are molecules with unpaired electrons and they are searching for another electron to stabilize the molecules. Under normal body condition, our body is able to handle the free radicals. However when we do not have enough antioxidants in our body, or if our body produces too much free radical, cellular damage may occur. This is because the free radicals are reactive in nature and it will damage the surrounding molecules. Problems such as aging, damaging our immune functions, cell mutations will occur due to the presence of too much free radicals. They are the contributing cause to many diseases such as cancer, heart disease, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and others.
Antioxidants can be found in the fruits and vegetables found in our daily diet. Here are some food you may consider to boost the antioxidants in your body:
Dark chocolate contains flavonols,