Forget about your Vitamin A supplements. Get the natural vitamins from fruits and vegetables available in the supermart. With this orange crunchy powerfood, you can get abundant amount of Vitamin A and other powerful benefits. Carrot provides ultimate protection against several skin problems, helping in maintaining your skin healthy, cancer prevention and anti-aging.
Do You Know…? Fun Facts on Carrots
1) Carrots are second most popular vegetables, followed after potato and there are over 100 different types of carrots.
2) Women in the 1600’s use carrot leaves as part of the decoration for their hats.
3) An average American can eat 5.44kg of carrots in a year
4) The greek word of carrot is “karaton”.
5) Rabbits love eating carrots. When rabbit eats one carrot, it is like us eating over 23 carrots. Rabbits like the sweetness from the carrots but they should not take too much as it will cause digestive problems and diabetes.
Health Benefits of Carrots
1) Improves vision
In my earlier post on eyecare,
While some of us feel that daily cleansing of face is just sufficient, there are people on the other spectrum who view daily cleansing of face as the most basic skincare regime that you must not skip. Many of us finds that skin exfoliation is optional in their beauty regimen. However, it is just as important as flossing our teeth. In order for your face to look refined and youthful, exfoliation is a task you must not skip. By exfoliating regularly (not daily of cause, but weekly), you are removing the dead skin cells on the skin’s surface.
What is Exfoliation?
Exfoliation is the removal of the dead skin cells on your skin surface. It can be carried out by using abrasive scrubs on the skin or chemically, using a kind of acids that dissolve and remove the dead skin cells without scrubbing.
How often should you exfoliate?
Exfoliation should NOT be done daily as your skin needs a few days to renew and for new skin layer to form,
I love to recommend home remedies. It is organic, no chemicals included unlike those mask and beauty products you find it on the shelves. Most of us experience dryness on our face at different point of the time. Here are some home remedies of dry skin, not very difficult or troublesome to prepare.
Almond Milk Mask
If you need extra nourishment for your face, prepare a mixture consisting of ten almonds, four tablespoons of full cream milk, two spoons of oatmeal, a mashed avocado and the juice of half a lemon. Apply it on your face and leave it for 20 minutes. When you wash off, wipe it with dampened cotton wool that contains cold milk.
Spread sufficient coconut oil on your face and massage your face gently. Rinse a towel with hot water and place it over your face as the heat allows your face to absorb the oil. You will need to repeat this process three to four times and then rinse your face with warm water.
Problematic dry skin is one of the most frustrating and common skin problem that each of us face at some point. Lack of sleep and water, constant change in the weather and exposure of harmful rays cause our skin to be dry and sensitive. When our skin do not have sufficient moisture, it loses its elasticity and radiance.
What are the causes of dry skin?
1. Singapore has no season and has been summer all year long. In places where there are four seasons – drastic change in the temperature, our skin suffers the most. Especially in winter time, the dry skin strips the moisture from our skin, causing us to look dull and lifeless.
2. When you wash your face with hot water, it washes away the natural oils produced by your skin and as such, it dries out your skin. Do not use hot water to wash your face or even your hair but to use warm water as it preserves the nature oils that protect and tighten your skin.