Forget about your Vitamin A supplements. Get the natural vitamins from fruits and vegetables available in the supermart. With this orange crunchy powerfood, you can get abundant amount of Vitamin A and other powerful benefits. Carrot provides ultimate protection against several skin problems, helping in maintaining your skin healthy, cancer prevention and anti-aging.
Do You Know…? Fun Facts on Carrots
1) Carrots are second most popular vegetables, followed after potato and there are over 100 different types of carrots.
2) Women in the 1600’s use carrot leaves as part of the decoration for their hats.
3) An average American can eat 5.44kg of carrots in a year
4) The greek word of carrot is “karaton”.
5) Rabbits love eating carrots. When rabbit eats one carrot, it is like us eating over 23 carrots. Rabbits like the sweetness from the carrots but they should not take too much as it will cause digestive problems and diabetes.
Health Benefits of Carrots
1) Improves vision
In my earlier post on eyecare,
According to a survey done in 2014 by STJobs.sg, Only one out of ten people in Singapore claims to be stress-free. It was found that for every person who is stress-free and happy, there are 2.5 persons who feel stressed and 6.5 persons who are neutral (with manageable stress levels) and have work-life balance. Whether we are still schooling, or working in the corporate world, we all (inevitably) face different sets of challenges and demands in life. Such stressful lifestyle has taken its toll on us, that we do not have proper diet and sufficient rest. This causes our body unable to rest, restore and rejuvenate. Before the wrinkles start forming, the face turns flaky and dry, here’s some SOS tips to restoring your skin radiance.
One way to restore your skin radiance is to apply mask on your faces. Radiance face masks are face masks that uses vitamins to moisturise and tone your skin, making it look luminous and glowing.
Banana and Honey Mask
What you need: ripped mashed banana, honey and sandalwood powder.