Forget about your Vitamin A supplements. Get the natural vitamins from fruits and vegetables available in the supermart. With this orange crunchy powerfood, you can get abundant amount of Vitamin A and other powerful benefits. Carrot provides ultimate protection against several skin problems, helping in maintaining your skin healthy, cancer prevention and anti-aging.
Do You Know…? Fun Facts on Carrots
1) Carrots are second most popular vegetables, followed after potato and there are over 100 different types of carrots.
2) Women in the 1600’s use carrot leaves as part of the decoration for their hats.
3) An average American can eat 5.44kg of carrots in a year
4) The greek word of carrot is “karaton”.
5) Rabbits love eating carrots. When rabbit eats one carrot, it is like us eating over 23 carrots. Rabbits like the sweetness from the carrots but they should not take too much as it will cause digestive problems and diabetes.
Health Benefits of Carrots
1) Improves vision
In my earlier post on eyecare,
Good habits are to keep and bad habits are to kick. Bad habits such as drinking cold water during meals, having late night supper are detrimental for your help. Why not cultivate some good habits. I’m sure your body will thank you in a few years time. Here are some eating habits you should cultivate
Contains proteins, minerals and abundant probiotics. Consuming yoghurt daily helps supplement water and whiten the skin. If you want to have a radiant face, yoghurt is really good for you due to its Vitamin B. Vitamin B can effectively resist the harm of radiation for the skin. Hence yogurt plays an important role to alleviate harm caused by radiation and repairing our skin.
While drinking green tea after meal helps to detox your body and increase your body metabolism to burn the fats, it refreshes you after a day of work. The proVitamin A found in green tea will convert into Vitamin A when in our body. It minimize the harm caused by the computer radiation.
Aging is inevitable. We start to age when we first come to this world. We can’t stop aging but we can prevent premature aging due to the external causes determined by our health and lifestyle. We wear sunscreen to protect the UV rays from damaging our skin. Besides the UV rays from the sun, fluorescent light bulbs also emit UV radiation, further exposing our skin to potential damage and premature aging while at the office. Here are some tips to prevent premature aging while at office:
- Take short breaks to look away from the screen and look at a distant object.
- Get up from your seat and move around. This helps to maintain better blood circulation of your body
- Do some stretching exercise after every 45 minutes. You can stretch your neck by looking at the ceiling, to the left, to the right and hold for 20 seconds.
- Get an anti-glare screen protector that covers your computer monitor to reduce the UV radiation exposure
- Wear sunscreen daily
- Use skincare products with anti-oxidants and also,
If you were told to surrender your computer and smart phone for a day, what will be your reaction? Will you panic because these gadgets have become part of your life that you can’t live without? We spend on an average 10-12 hours a day in front of our PC/ smart phones due to work, leisure etc. Do you know the adverse effects of computer rays on your skin? Can you imagine the extent to which these computer rays are adversely affecting our skin?
In the past, I do not really care much about UV rays, let alone how computer rays and radiation can affect our skin. Ever since I join the beauty industry two years back, my colleagues have been sharing with me beauty tips, anti-aging tips. Due to the nature of my work, I read online articles, beauty magazines and health reports and realised how important it is to at least apply sunscreen on my face before stepping out of the house. But I did not know the harmful effects of the computer rays to my face.
According to a survey done in 2014 by STJobs.sg, Only one out of ten people in Singapore claims to be stress-free. It was found that for every person who is stress-free and happy, there are 2.5 persons who feel stressed and 6.5 persons who are neutral (with manageable stress levels) and have work-life balance. Whether we are still schooling, or working in the corporate world, we all (inevitably) face different sets of challenges and demands in life. Such stressful lifestyle has taken its toll on us, that we do not have proper diet and sufficient rest. This causes our body unable to rest, restore and rejuvenate. Before the wrinkles start forming, the face turns flaky and dry, here’s some SOS tips to restoring your skin radiance.
One way to restore your skin radiance is to apply mask on your faces. Radiance face masks are face masks that uses vitamins to moisturise and tone your skin, making it look luminous and glowing.
Banana and Honey Mask
What you need: ripped mashed banana, honey and sandalwood powder.